Does this scenario sound familiar? Your kids are always sick, coughing and complaining of headaches? Do repeated trips to the doctor reveal nothing more than a diagnosis that it’s “just a cold”? Does your home have a musty, old-attic smell? If these are things to which you can relate, you may have a problem with the air quality in your home.
Mold and dust mites, even though they are tiny and often undetectable in a home, can cause serious issues for homeowners and their families. They compromise the quality of the air your home and could potentially be the cause of your family’s chronic illnesses. So, how do you know whether the air quality in your home is compromised?
Ask yourself this: Does the air in my home smell fresh? If you find that you are repeatedly having to light heavily scented candles or spraying air freshener to cover up a musty smell in your home, the air quality could be compromised. Mold and mildew are the usual suspects that can lead to this problem. So, to improve the smell and the quality of the air overall, it’s necessary to get rid of the mold and mildew. To do that, you’ll have to get rid of the excess moisture in the air. That’s where a dehumidification system comes in.
Many people are skeptical about dehumidification systems. Do they really work? The truth is, yes! Be careful though: This is a situation in which size really does matter. It’s important to go for a system that is big enough to handle the amount of excess moisture in your home. Many systems are too small, but if you get one that is powerful enough it will do the job beautifully.
You may think that having a dehumidification system installed in your home isn’t energy efficient, but they are. Many units are made to be high efficiency rated and feature an ENERGY STAR rated air filtration system. So, while you are taking care of the quality of the air inside your house you can rest assured that you aren’t negatively affecting the environment in the meantime.
If you have been noticing that the air in your home smells musty and/or that your family members seem to have more unexplained illnesses, the quality of the air in your home could be to blame. The existence of excess moisture, particularly in areas like the basement, can lead to infestations of dangerous things such as mold and mildew which, in turn, can become airborne and get into your family’s airways. That can cause a whole host of respiratory issues, headaches and other health concerns. To stop the growth of mold, it’s necessary to create a drier atmosphere, since these spores thrive in wet or moist areas. That’s where a dehumidification system can come in. They help to create a drier, cleaner air environment in your home, stopping the growth of mold and allowing your family to breathe in fresh, clean, sanitized air. A company such as http://www.affordablewaterproofingllc.com/ can help.